[Skip to content]

Edenbridge project update – July 2018

Junior doctor industrial action

User AvatarPosted by Amanda Crawford at 09/02/2016 16:47:05

From 8am on Wednesday 10 February 2016, junior doctors across England are on strike for 24 hours following the breakdown of talks between the British Medical Association and the Government over proposed changes to employment contracts.

The role of NHS West Kent Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) during industrial action is to support those organisations that provide NHS care, particularly Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (MTW), and NHS England to ensure that the NHS as a whole continues to operate as effectively as possible. NHS West Kent CCG is not responsible for negotiating with staff or the unions or for direct communication with patients about the impact of strikes on individual services.

We are working with MTW who are doing everything they can to minimise disruption for patients.  However, it is unavoidable that some services will be affected including postponement of some routine operations and non-urgent outpatient appointments.  

Important information for patients:

• People in need of urgent and emergency care will continue to receive the treatment they need, when they need it. However, due to increased pressures on the NHS over this period, those in less urgent need of care may experience longer waiting times than normal and some elective operations may need to be postponed or rearranged. In all cases priority will be given to those patients with the most pressing health needs.

•Patients whose appointments and/or elective operations need to be postponed because of the industrial action have been contacted direct. If you have not been contacted, your treatment is going ahead.  

•If you are feeling unwell, don’t wait for it to get worse. Take action and look at Health Help Now – kent.healthhelpnow-nhs.net -  or available to download from the App Store and Google Play to find the right local services for common symptoms.  If you don’t have access to the internet and are feeling unwell, please take advice from your pharmacist or GP, or call NHS 111.

Recent posts


Archived posts